Fakenham Gateway Children’s Centre, (FGCC) aim to ensure all families living within its identified boundaries receive information about our services and that our admissions procedures are transparent, fair and accessible to all our families within the Centre’s postcode area, (see below).
- The Children’s Centre policies and protocols ensure it operates in an inclusive manner to enable all families under its operational remit are able to access its services.
- To offer activities, support and services to all mums, dads and carers with under-fives (including expectant parents).
- To make our activities inclusive for all children regardless of ability.
- The Children’s Centre has regard for the needs of parents/carers who are want to participate or access further education or training.
- Where the number of families wanting a place at a Children’s Centre activity exceeds the number of places available, a waiting list is operated using a clear criteria for allocation of spaces.
Criteria for oversubscribed FGCC activities / programmes
First come first serve basis for family’s resident within the Children’s Centre area, these are the parish council boundaries of:-
- Bagthorpe with Barmer
- East Rudham
- West Rudham
- West, East & South Raynham
- Great Snoring
- Pudding Norton
Family identified as in need by external partners / professionals.
In some cases where a service / programme is aimed at a particular learning outcome priority will be given to families from particular groups identified by the Local Authority as priority contacts. These particular groups are:-
- Lone parents
- Teenage parents
- Minority ethnic families
- Disable children
- Disabled parents
- Workless households
- Rurally isolated households
This policy will be monitored by the governing body and revised as appropriate, and not less than two years from the date of its adoption. Any incidents of concern relating to this policy will be referred to the Chair of Governors by the Centre Manager.
Last updated: March 2018
Review due: March 2019